Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jaheim's Another Round


Jaheim has dropped another one. Here’s the skinny.
Ain’t Leaving Without You – First of all, the instrumental is as hot today as it was originally on George Benson’s “Give Me the Night.” The accompaniment excited me as I expected to hear Benson enter with scatting. While the song is not a remake, I believe it captures the essence of “Give Me the Night.” Attraction is natural, but not how some people act on the feeling. This is a classier reaction to the stimuli converted into a classy club banger.
Finding My Way Back – The second track on the album is a thoughtful and soulful reflection on a relationship. We’ve all been there. The bass and lead guitars carry the song nicely. There’s also a flute in there that helps to further illustrate a nostalgic quality.
Whoa – Skip it.
Till It Happens To You – The keyboard in the song will remind some people of Donnie Hathaway or older Stevie material. Unfortunately, beyond that the song is kind of boring. Skip it, unless you need the equivalent of an Ambien.
Bed Is Listening – Skip it.
Impossible – Jaheim! You did the damn thing with this one. The track takes the instrumental from “When a Man Loves a Woman” and re-laces it with classic Jaheim flavor. While Mr. Sledge’s ’66 hit was more about the kind of love that was as settled as a 100 year old foundation, “Impossible” is about a fresher, but no more escapable connection. I’m feeling it!
Another Round – I felt less of an alcoholic when my assumption of what this song was about was validated. The song is worth listening to, if for no other reason than the storyline.
Her – This for all of you that are fans of John Legend and Dre’s “Green Light.” I don’t think the lyrical content is anything spectacular, but you can get your aerobics on to it.
II Pink Lines – Whatever, Homie! Skip it.
Otha Half – Skip it.
Closer – This sounds like an R. Kelly and Public Announcement song from the 90s. I don’t have the credits with me, but it even sounds like R on the background vocals. I’m kind of feeling it.
In My Hands – Another sappy love song…
Ain’t Leaving Without You (Remix) – It’s nice that somebody gave Jadakiss something to do…lol

No comments:

Post a Comment